Weekend in review

My husband works shiftwork, so he doesn’t get every weekend off like a normal Monday to Friday 9-5. He works 9 days on, 5 days off, which is a pretty decent schedule, with the only downfall being that he only gets every other weekend off. The 5 days off in a row are really wonderful, but it can make planning anything annoyingly difficult.

So when it comes to his time off, we usually have a full schedule of events. There’s always chores that need to be done, errands that need running, appointments, birthdays, and so on!

This weekend was no exception; it was jam-packed.

On Friday we received a “lovely” dump of snow, making it impossible to go anywhere (trust me, I tried). We hunkered down for the day which was actually quite pleasant considering the rest of our weekend was hectic.

On Saturday, I had to run to town to grab a few groceries to make a meal for someone from our church. I do this fairly often and I always enjoy it. I have a great love of baking and cooking, especially for others in need, so I like to sign up as much as I can.

Anyway, we noticed on Saturday morning that Scarlett wasn’t acting like her normal self. We chalked it up to her teething, which I still believe to be true since all the signs were present, and went on with our day. When I arrived home, Matt was trying to feed her lunch but clearly she wasn’t interested. This is odd for her considering she out eats her brother on a day-to-day basis. Then, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, she graced us with a power puke just as I was making homemade rolls.


Matt threw her in the bath and smothered her with cuddles so that I could finish making the dinner rolls, followed by homemade lasagna and peanut butter chocolate chips cookies. The house smelled divine! (just in case you were wondering)

We delivered the meal and Scarlett seemed to be fine after her one moment of queasiness. She went to bed great, slept normally and was chipper the next morning. We still aren’t sure why she was sick, but we are certainly glad that it wasn’t the flu!

I was up at the crack of dawn Sunday morning to get ready for church. I sang on the worship team; it was my first Sunday back since getting pregnant with Scarlett and boy was it a blast! I’ve missed it a great deal. Our worship leader, and my dear friend, Cindy, was so eager to have me back that she convinced me to co-lead. I wasn’t too keen on this idea at first, but am I ever glad I did. Being on stage is hands down one of my favorite places to be

After church I had some errands to run, and since Matt and I took separate vehicles into church, he took the kids straight home. We spent the rest of the day doing inside and outside chores, along with spending quality time with our littles. That’s what Sundays are for, am I right?

On Monday, I went into Calgary with my beautiful friend Becky to do a few things. First on the list, was meeting someone to look at a camera. I’ve been on the hunt for one since starting my blog, but I’ve been very specific about what I wanted, hence why it’s taken me so long to find one. So, I’m happy to say that I purchased one! It’s second-hand, but in immaculate condition and the previous owner barely used it. Although I have a lot to learn, I’m really looking forward to gaining the knowledge so that I can take blog worthy photos!

After that, we headed towards downtown Calgary (dun, dun, dun…)

Can you tell that I loathe driving in the city?

We both needed to renew our passports and it’s a faster process if you go directly to the office, so that’s what we did. It was an adventure to say the least. We took plenty of wrong turns and couldn’t find the building we were looking for, but we had mounds of laughs along the way, so who cares if it added an extra 15 minutes onto our trip? (okay.. maybe half an hour..)

It was incredibly busy there, but luckily we were done and on our way out of the city in ample timing. We hit up a few other places, including Costco, before heading home.

Today, Matt and I both had appointments that couldn’t be canceled, so we juggled the kids accordingly. Each of us also had a few errands to run, meaning our day was pretty much over by the time we completed everything on our lists.

Tomorrow is my first day back to work since Scarlett was born. In case some of you don’t already know, I have been a licensed esthetician for over 10 years. I’m a tad nervous, but mostly excited to get back at it again! I can’t wait to see all of my clients and I’m really looking forward to getting out of the house one day a week. I love being a mom, more than anything in the world, but it’s rejuvenating being able to wear another title for a few hours every week. It gives me profound appreciation for the life that I have.

Like the fact that I can be a stay at home mom. Not everyone is capable of doing so, for one reason or another. I am thankful every day for the opportunity to watch them grow and never miss a beat. As tough as it can be some days… not for a moment, have I ever taken it for granted.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s