Winter in Canada is usually cold no matter where you go, but here in Alberta, you can bet money on it being -35 more times than anticipated (or wanted). The temperatures are severely cold, but what makes it even worse is how dry the air is.
Like, hurt your skin dry.
Moisturizing is a must! It’s part of my daily routine. Something I have to do, even on my laziest of days.
And because of where I live, anything new that I try, is substantially put to the test. Weather wise, it’s the perfect place to experiment with new moisturizers to see which ones hold up to their title.
Even though I wish we lived somewhere slightly warmer (take me to the beach!)
Anyway, what I’m trying to get at, is that I require a product that will give me everything I need, and then some. I don’t mess around when choosing which products work for me and which don’t.
And as much as I want to say that I liked this product, I can’t.
If you follow my Instagram page, you’ll know which product I’m talking about. If you don’t, you should go follow my Instagram page, hehe! (@thisbittersweetlifeblog)
The moisturizer I’m referring to is the Garner SkinActive Miracle Anti-Fatigue Wake-up Hydra-Gel Moisturizer (try saying that 3 times in a row without messing it up).
Seriously though… why such a long name?
Back in January, I posted on my Instagram that I was going to try it and asked if anyone would be interested in me doing a review on it. I had a lot of feedback (which I love!), so here I am with the review.
I tried it for a month (give or take) and I honestly reached a point where I just didn’t want to put it on my face anymore. Instead of this turning into paragraphs explaining why, I’ll break it down for you in the easiest way possible:
- The texture is silky and smooth
- Glides onto the skin effortlessly
- Doesn’t leave you feeling greasy or oily
- The packaging is very pleasant; I love when products use pumps
- It’s reasonably priced
- Although it has a silky texture, it feels very similar to a silicone make up primer, which I am not particularly a fan of.
- Not nearly enough hydration (the box claims “deep hydration”)
- My skin felt tight and dry during the day (and especially at the end of the day)
- No noticeable changes in my skins texture, fine lines or plumpness (which is what it claims it does on the packaging)
- The scent isn’t terrible, but it does leave a lot to be desired (in my opinion of course)
- Even though it’s reasonably priced, I believe that there are plenty of other moisturizers on the market that are of better quality, for around the same price range.
The product itself isn’t bad, it just didn’t do what I wanted it to do. It could also have something to do with the fact that I’m not crazy about gel moisturizers. I know a lot of beauty gurus love them, but for myself, they never deliver enough hydration and my skin is always left wanting more. Some of this may stem back to what I mentioned earlier; living in an extremely dry place.
These are strictly my opinions, so don’t let this sway you from trying it. Everyone has a different skin type, therefore, everyone has a different need. Chose the product that is best suited for your skin type!
I personally think that this moisturizer would be appropriate for someone with oily skin since it is very lightweight or someone living in a more humid climate that doesn’t thirst for the hydration like I do.
In conclusion, I want to say that I do believe this is a good product, it just wasn’t a good product for me specifically.
Have you tried it before? I’d be curious to hear your thoughts on it if you have!
And if not, what’s your favourite daily moisturizer? I have my holy grail nighttime moisturizers but I’m still on the hunt for a day time one, so comment below if you’d like to share yours with me!